HAVE you suffered any illness recently? Are you prone to consuming excessive alcohol or caffeine? Are you a smoker? Then you could consider detoxification.
Our body is designed to detoxify itself, but if we overload ourselves with harmful toxins, our body may not detoxify itself as much. Since it has become virtually impossible to eliminate these dangerous chemicals from our environment, the best is to cleanse your body of these chemicals periodically through detoxification process.
Detoxification is a process by which we cleanse our body of toxins and harmful chemicals. It involves dietary and lifestyle changes that reduce the intake of toxins and improve their elimination.
These toxins come mainly from diet, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and environmental exposure, that are difficult to remove.
The human detoxification system consists of the respiratory (lungs, bronchial tubes, sinus and nose); gastrointestinal (liver, gall bladder, colon); urinary (kidney, bladder, urethra), skin and dermal (sweat, sebaceous glands and tears) and lymphatic (lymph nodes and channels) systems.
There are many types of detoxification programme and all sorts of ways to cleanse the body of foreign substances and toxins, but a couple of those ways include full body detoxification, certain organ detoxification, and different types of flushes.
Here are some components of a detoxification programme:
* Water is the main detoxifying agent in our body. It helps to clean our skin and kidneys, and improve sweating through exercise. Many of us are chronically dehydrated, and doctors recommend a minimum of eight glasses of water daily.
* The next step is raw-food diet, which means the consumption of more fruits and vegetables and less of proteins and fat rich red meat, milk products, refined food and fried food. Adding fiber to your diet will help to detoxify your system regularly.
* Another important component of detoxification is regular exercise. Exercise relieves toxins from the body through sweat, and also helps in good bowel movement. Exercise improves our general metabolism.
* Regular bathing also helps the body get rid of toxins that accumulate on the skin, and opens the pores. Saunas and oil massages help the body to cleanse completely.
* By taking part in a detoxification diet programme, one can effectively restore their health to an optimal level. When the body can eliminate toxins, energy and vigour are revitalised.
* Other factors that must be considered in detoxification are: nutrition, water, exercise, rest, sunshine, and fresh air.
Overall detox diets can improve health and well being, just do your part to research which diet works best for you.
Credit to NSTP
This article copy from 1Classified Team, 6 Dec 2012